“In those days, Jesus came from Nazareth of Galilee and was baptized by John in the Jordan. Just as he was coming out of the water, he saw the heavens torn apart and the Spirit descending like a dove upon Him. And a voice came from heaven, ‘You are my beloved Son. With you I am well pleased.’” Mk 1:9-11
Sacrament of Baptism
Sacramento del Bautismo
Si usted es un miembro registrado de la Iglesia Reina de la Paz y le gustaría tener a su hijo / hijos bautizados, puede descargar el Formulario de Información del Bautismo y el Formulario de Padrino/s aquí y completarlos antes de asistir a las clases de bautismo requeridas. Si tiene alguna duda puede ponerse en contacto con Agustina al 480-969-9166 x3205
Baptism marks the beginning of a child’s participation in the sacramental life of the church. It is a moment where parents make the promise to raise their child in the Catholic faith and continue to give example by their own lives of faith.
Baptism is the first opportunity that we have, as the child’s Catholic community, to receive and welcome the child, and especially to welcome him or her as a beloved child of God.
Baptism is an initiation into the body of Christ: a community of believers who place Jesus and His Gospel at the center of their lives by living in communion with Him. Becoming part of this body of Christ, the child is forever bound to the other members of His body: united with them in prayer, in struggle, in suffering, in joy and in their search for greater union with God.
The baptismal process aims to help parents prepare for their vocation as primary teachers of the faith. Supported by the involvement of the godparents and our Catholic community, the parents will continue to grow in their understanding of the faith and application of it in their own homes as their family grows.
I want to baptize my baby, what are the necessary requirements that I should meet?
- A desire to raise your child in the teachings and doctrines of the Catholic faith, seeking the truth, and living by example.
- Parents must be registered members of the parish for at least 4 months.
- A copy of your child’s birth certificate.
- Prayerfully choose godparent(s) according to Diocesan guidelines.
- Parents and godparents need to attend a baptism preparation class. (No children)
- Invite godparents(s) to attend the baptismal preparation class with you or at his/her church if they have not done so within the last 2 years.